Our doctors offer proprietary reconstruction procedures that are not available at any other breast centers. Their unique expertise and experience brings patients from across the country and around the globe to Bedford Breast Center. Our international and out-of-town patients receive top-level concierge care when they arrive at our Beverly Hills office, from the first appointment to the final follow-up.
We offer options for our consultations to make it as convenient as possible for out-of-town patients. To start the process, you’ll schedule a consultation with our new patient coordinator, and fill out intake forms on our portal for the doctor to review. The doctor and medical team will set you up on our secure messaging platform, Klara, that allows us to interact privately through messages and photos.
- You can visit our office in Beverly Hills to have an in-person consultation with Dr. Cassileth or Dr. Richardson. You can then return to our center at a later date for your surgery.
- You can communicate with us through Klara. Once we collect all the necessary information and determine whether you are a good candidate for surgery, our patient care coordinator will contact you directly to discuss the details of your surgery. We will explain pre- and post-operative care, recovery, accommodations, and other information you will need to plan for your trip and procedure.
Scheduling Your Procedure
Our patient care coordinator will schedule your surgery, as well as a face-to-face consultation with your doctor before your procedure. We will also text you your pre-operative instructions, including any bloodwork and other testing needed, and consent forms to sign. Two weeks before your surgery, a member of our team will contact you by phone to review instructions and go over your health history one more time before you fly to California.
You have the option to fly into one of the local airports nearby, or a private airport if you prefer. Options include:
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Burbank (BUR)
- Orange County (SNA)
- Long Beach (LGB)
- Van Nuys (VNY) – private airport
- Santa Monica (SMO) – private airport
We will have you arrive at least 1 to 2 days before your surgery so you have time to meet with your doctor and go over the details of your procedure.
While you are in California, you will have a choice of accommodations to ensure your comfort before and after your procedure. Options might include:
- The Luxe Hotel Beverly Hills: A boutique hotel within walking distance of our office.
- Residence Inn Marriott Hotel: A great option with a full kitchen in every room.
- The Mosaic Hotel: An intimate, boutique hotel, less than half a mile from our office.
- The Beverly Wilshire: A Four Seasons Hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills.
- The SLS Hotel: The ultimate in chic.
- The Viceroy Beverly Hills: Among the finest of Beverly Hills, California, luxury hotels.
Your Post-Operative Care at Palladium Aftercare
We require patients to stay in an aftercare center for at least the first night after surgery to ensure you have all the medical care you need to begin your recovery journey. We recommend Palladium Aftercare, which is located near Bedford Breast Center and features round-the-clock care in a warm, comfortable environment.
Palladium Aftercare features luxury accommodations where patients can enjoy healing sunshine and round-the-clock nursing care. With a caregiver-to-patient ratio of 1:1, you know you will enjoy personalized care that meets your every need and ensures you remain comfortable throughout your recovery process.
Your nurse will be available by phone 24/7 for the first few weeks after your surgery. You will return to our office for follow-up appointments with your surgeon. Your specific surgery and treatment will determine when you will be able to travel back home safely.
We advise that you make your primary care physician aware of your surgery once you return home. Your health and safety are our main concerns. At Bedford Breast Center, we walk the journey with you from your initial diagnosis to your final reconstruction and treatment, even when you are coming from another location.
If you are ready to take the next step in your breast cancer treatment, we are here for you. Contact Bedford Breast Center today.